Prof-Ed’s Foot Care Internship Program
- This program guides you through the process of obtaining an appropriate internship
- Teaches you how to prepare a Presentation Packet and how to approach prospective Preceptors
- Includes a Skill Log of recommended procedures you will need to observe and perform to solidify your didactic training in foot care
- Provides a Preceptor’s Manual to guide the Internship provider in the expectations of the Internship
- Provides 40 Clinical hours of continuing education
This course will help you get the hands-on and up-close experience you need to provide foot care in a clinical setting. Approved for 40 CE Contact Hours by the California Nursing Board, CEP #15904.
Foot Care as a Specialty
The Internship program continues your career track from the didactic training you received in the Best Practices in Foot Care for RNs and meets the requirement of 40 clinical hours needed to sit for the WOCNCB’s Certified Foot Care Nurse (CFCN®) program.
Hands on Experience
The Internship Program Skill Log requires participation in a number of foot care treatments: Routine Foot Care, in-office surgeries, interventions and treatments for you to observe and perform. Nothing substitutes for personal experience in learning.
Know Your Options
The Internship will give you a much better understanding of what is involved in providing foot care for patients who greatly need this specialized medical care. The need is growing and is forecast to grow even faster in the coming decades. Stepping into this niche can give your career a lucrative direction without night shifts and emergency room chaos.
Submit your review