****Course in Development****
Comprehensive Foot Care for Medical Assistants
Online Foot Care Training for MAs
– Boost your career with new skills and training
- It provides foot care training for MAs who work with at-risk patients
- It consists of an introduction and rationale plus topics written specifically for the training of MAs
- It is available entirely online–no travel expense or time away from your job or home
- It can be taken at your convenience–any time or any place a computer and internet access are available
- Provides 12 Contact Hours of continuing education
The Role of the Licensed Medical Assistant
is such that health care often assigns them first contact with patients during daily care. They become their patients’ first line of defense against advancing infections or conditions, so foot care training is important for this care provider in many workplace settings:
Foot Care of the Elderly
Many of the elderly suffer from chronic conditions and illnesses which require special care of the patient’s feet to prevent infections and to prevent or interrupt the track toward amputation and death. The MA trained through this program can provide this preventive care.
Hospital Stay Foot Care
Ulcers on the feet and legs of med-surg patients can progress from no symptoms to needing acute wound care in as little as 48 hours. These patients benefit from a MAs training in the prevention and care of ulcers on the feet and legs.
Long Term Care Facility Foot Car
MAs in this setting must know foot care for performance of daily inspection and care of these patients to prevent progression to the need for acute care. Good foot care can reduce suffering and potential morbidity of these patients.
Podiatry Offices and Diabetic Foot Care Clinics
Only 17,000 podiatrists provide foot care to the burgeoning population of diabetics and elderly in the US. Foot care-trained MAs can lighten the load for podiatrists and physicians by assisting in med-surg care and increasing patient treatment numbers in the offices/clinics.
Submit your review