Online Foot Care Training for LPNs and LVNs
– Boost your career with new skills and training
- It provides foot care training for LPNS or LVNs who work with at-risk patients
- It consists of an introduction and rationale plus nine topics written specifically for the training of LPNs or LVNs
- It is available entirely online–no travel expense or time away from your job or home
- It can be taken at your convenience–any time or any place a computer and internet access are available
- Provides 12 Contact Hours of continuing education
The Role of the Licensed Practical Nurse/Vocational Nurse
is such that health care assigns them first contact with patients during daily care. They become their patients’ first line of defense against advancing infections or conditions, so foot care training is important for this nurse in many workplace settings:
Foot Care of the Elderly
Many of the elderly suffer from chronic conditions and illnesses which require special care of the patient’s feet to prevent infections and to prevent or interrupt the track toward amputation and death. The LPN/LVN trained through this program can provide this preventive care.
Hospital Stay Foot Care
Ulcers on the feet and legs of med-surg patients can progress from no symptoms to needing acute wound care in as little as 48 hours. These patients benefit from an LPN/LVN’s training in the prevention and care of ulcers on the feet and legs.
Long Term Care Facility Foot Care
LPNs/LVNs in this setting must know foot care for performance of daily inspection and care of these patients to prevent progression to the need for acute care. Good foot care can reduce suffering and potential morbidity of these patients.
Podiatry Offices and Diabetic Foot Care Clinics
Only 17,000 podiatrists provide foot care to the burgeoning population of diabetics and elderly in the US. Foot care-trained LPNs/LVNs can lighten the load for podiatrists and physicians by assisting in med-surg care and increasing patient treatment numbers in the offices/clinics.
Home Care Nurses
Training in foot care is a very important in serving home-bound patients as no, or poor, foot care can cause ulcers and other serious infections. An LPN/LVN that is trained in foot care can legally perform routine foot care, such as nail trimming in this setting. This is important care for their patients.
Submit your review